Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Paris Jan 2008

Don and I went with 2 other couples to Paris this weekend. Drove over on the Ferry from Dover to Calais. All told it took about 7 hours to drive (Including the hour long ferry ride) Our last stop was the Louvre.


The Mona Lisa


Venus De Milo


The Winged Victory of Samothrace



View from inside the Louvre


The rooms of the Louvre themselves are beautiful works of art. This is one example

A little Louvre humour.....

A thief in Paris planned to steal some paintings from the Louvre. After careful planning, he got past security, stole the paintings and made it safely to his van. However, he was captured only two blocks away when his van ran out of gas.

When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and the make such an obvious error, he replied,"Monsieur that is the reason I stole the paintings. I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh.

And I had De Gaulle to post this on my blog because I figured I had nothing Toulouse.

No comments: