Happy Fourth of July
This weekend we went to the "Altstadtfest" (Old city festival) in Kaiserslautern. Lots of food and people and bands.
The fountain has many unique statues that are suppose to represent a "significant aspect of the city's history"


Don and I didn't put our heads on these figures (above)!
K-Town has a fish theme, a Pike fish, and you see fish all over the place. If I get my history right, one of the Kings (Frederick Barbarossa from the Roman Empire 1155-1190) had a hunting retreat in K-town as he loved to fish/hunt, with Pike being his favorite meal. Therefore, Kaiserslautern became an important town during his reign.
K-Town was 60% destroyed during the war so you have to look hard for the old city buildings. It now has about 100,000 occupants and an additional 50,000 Americans who live there.
Don and I didn't put our heads on these figures (above)!
K-Town has a fish theme, a Pike fish, and you see fish all over the place. If I get my history right, one of the Kings (Frederick Barbarossa from the Roman Empire 1155-1190) had a hunting retreat in K-town as he loved to fish/hunt, with Pike being his favorite meal. Therefore, Kaiserslautern became an important town during his reign.
K-Town was 60% destroyed during the war so you have to look hard for the old city buildings. It now has about 100,000 occupants and an additional 50,000 Americans who live there.
No comments:
Post a Comment