Sunday, July 26, 2009

Landstuhl Berg Fest

Friday night we went to a Jazz Festival at a local castle ruins. It was in Landstuhl and unfortunately I forgot my camera. So I went online to find some pictures.....This is the program cover Below is a picture from last years fest. The stage is to the right and it was open air. We had a great time even though it rained on and off and was cold! We were under a big Linden tree that kept off the raindrops for the most part. The castle had some blue lighting and it made the rain look blue!
We met friends from Don's work and sat with our previous landlord and his wife. I had to laugh as he was buying rounds of beer and when he found out I was the designated driver for the evening he ordered me "Colabeer". It's cola and beer mixed together, which I'm not too fond of and besides, it still has beer in it!!!!
We saw two bands: Uptown Shufflers, Birminghem Blues Friends
Uptown Shufflers were good soul/blues and Birminghem Blues were from the UK and had a fantastic piano player. They were more boogie.
All in all a wonderful night.



No comments: