Went with a group of ladies to this Antique store about an hour away from us on Friday. Oh my goodness, this store had lots of "stuff". They had a good size store in town and then the owner took us to his home with three barns full of furniture from floor to ceiling. You could spend a week or two in there and not see it all. Pricewise, it was comparible to the States. Nothing was cheap, but most was in good shape. One of the ladies and I picked out all the expensive stuff. She liked a chair (basic kitchen chair) that was 600 pounds or $1200.00. They had a neat game scoreboard that we thought would look good over a pool table. Found out it was a Snooker (similar to pool) scoreboard and was a mere $2000.00. (And that didn't include fixing it up)So, I didn't buy anything....as Don says, where would we put it?
The owner said he sells a lot to Japan. He just had a guy come in and bought 700 pieces and had them shipped back to Japan to sell. Don't even want to know what that cost.
1 comment:
Jeanne, I am enjoying the pictures you have been seeing. I miss seeing you at work, PCC is not the same without you. Take care and keep us up to date on your adventures--Jana
Post a Comment