
Went to Newmarket this past weekend. It's not far from us and is known for it's horseracing. King James I back in the 1600's liked the town so well, he visited frequently. He evidently loved horses and his son had the first grandstand for racing built in Newmarket.Although there wasn't much of a city, the country side was beautiful. There were horse farms or "Stud" farms all over but I couldn't see much as they have hedges all along the side of the road. Imagine the white picket fences of Kentucky horse farms, but replace the fences with hedges. So I didn't get much glimpses of any race horses, but that's okay as we wouldn't have wanted to hit any with our car...... too big of a fine!!!!
We will definitely have to go to a race sometime. They are pretty much over now for the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment