
This is a supermarket that's big in England. This one is like our "Meijers" or Super Wal-Mart. It has more than just food. Some in the smaller villages have only food.
You can't see them, but they have people with shopping carts in the parking lot to "wash" your car while you shop. Didn't see a hose, so I imagine it's all done with a bucket.
Question of the week: What to you think is the most favorite food of the British people? Fish and chips? Bangers (sausage) and Mash (Mashed potatos)?
4 comments:
I always thought their favorite food was Fish and Chips. Don't tell me it has changed!!
Is that a covered cart carrel I see in the parking lot? Where are all the carts banging into cars (that seems to be the American way)? Are Englanders better about putting their carts away? Sarah
I'm going to vote for bangers and mash. Although I just saw a food channel show that had the host eating East End food; headcheese, spotted dick, and jellied eels. Yum!
So I double dare you to try them for us and let us know what you think. Or you could wait until we mosey out there and then double dare me ha-ha.
I'll triple dare you to try that! Don's dad use to eat headcheese all the time. He tried to get me to taste it then and was unsuccessful!
You're on! I'll try almost anything once -- even British food.
- Jackie
Post a Comment